Before you get started, right after you sign up and create your account, you'll need to verify your details to be able to activate your accounts, see your virtual cards, and start transacting.
Why? As a mobile money app, we're legally required to verify your details in line with FICA (Financial Intelligence Centre Act) to successfully validate that you are who you say you are. This keep s fraudsters away and your account and cash safe.
Verifying your details is quick and easy. All you need to do is scan your ID doc (ID, driver’s license, passport) and complete a liveness check – that’s it.
Now, let's walk you through sign up:
- Download the Spot app.
- Enter your South African cell phone number and email address.
- Enter the OTP SMS'd to you.
- Create a 4-digit secret PIN and re-enter to confirm.
- Fill in your name, surname, ID number (or passport number if you're going to use your passport to verify your details), your job description, and your address.
- Tap to accept the Ts&Cs and ta-da, your account has been created and it's time to quickly verify your deets!
For now, only South African mobile numbers will be registered.