A wiCode works exactly like a QR code and enables contactless mobile payments either by scanning the code or entering the numbers below the code into a POS machine.
Like snowflakes, no two wiCodes are the same. That's because each holds information specific to your transaction including what you're buying and when/where you're it.
You can manually generate a wiCode in your Spot app by following these steps:
- Tap the Spot icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Scan to pay then hit the Get wiCode button and the code will be displayed on your phone.
Does the wiCode expire?
- Yep, it does. It has a time limit so you can’t enter the same wiCode twice.
What do I do when the wiCode expires?
- Easy. Just create a new wiCode and use it.
Why is my wiCode invalid?
Could be different reasons:
- The wiCode has expired.
- You entered the wiCode digits incorrectly.
- The wiCode has already been redeemed.
If you're having issues with your wiCode, please reach out us by tapping the Get help button in your Spot app.